Being able to offer credit card processing to clients is a matter of convenience for roofing contractors and companies. The high average cost of roofing jobs makes it incredibly important for these companies to be able to offer a variety of payment options. Any business that intends to accept credit or debit card payments from customers must have a valid, secure merchant account. A type of financial account, a merchant account allows money to be transferred from card issuing banks to a merchants’ business bank accounts. Unfortunately, not every business type can easily secure these services – roofing companies are one of them.
Why are Roofing Companies High-Risk?
For roofing companies, there are two key factors that make it difficult to obtain these merchants services: the transaction fees involved and the “high-risk” categorization of this industry. Transaction fees on a multi-thousand-dollar payment can be a staggering surprise for roofers who did not expect them. Thus, it is important that these businesses wait until they find affordable merchant services before they apply. The biggest factor is the risky nature of these businesses in the eyes of banks. The following are just a few of the reasons why banks shy away:
- Irregular high-ticket sales
- Large volumes of transactions
- Small business and startups (limited time in business and financials)
- Poor or no credit
- Active tax lien or past bankruptcy
- Online transactions (higher risk than in-person transactions)
- Seasonal business
Roofing Merchant Account from a High-Risk Specialist
To process debit and credit card transactions safely, roofing companies can turn to a high-risk specialist like emerchantbroker.com. EMB provides merchant account services for a long list of new and established businesses of all sizes. Limited time in business, poor or no credit, high-ticket sales, online transactions and high chargebacks are not a problem for EMB.
In addition to offering affordable and secure credit card processing, merchants can take advantage of integrated fraud protection and chargeback mitigation programs. Strategic partnerships have also allowed EMB to offer an impressive list of payment gateways, along with ACH processing. With years of experience, the staff at EMB also offer their support. The constant, up-to-date information about obtaining and managing accounts ensures merchants continue to operate efficiently and safely.
Additional benefits of working with EMB include:
- Business funding solutions
- High-volume payment solutions
- Mail order/telephone order (MOTO) processing
- Instant check processing solutions
- Merchant cash advances
- Point-of-sale (POS) solutions
- Customized pricing options
How to Meet Application Requirements and Qualify
Underwriters will require a few key pieces of standard paperwork, which they will quickly review along with your application:
- A valid, government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport)
- A bank letter or a pre-printed voided check
- A secure, working website
- Three months of the most recent bank statements
- Three months of the most recent processing statements, if applicable
- A SSN (Social Security Number) or EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- A chargeback ratio below 2%
If you seek transparent pricing and quality customer service, consider the merchant account and payment processing services emerchantbroker.com offers. The application can be completed in a matter of minutes and requires minimal documentation. Unlike working with a bank, your business can have a roofing merchant account approved and set up in as little as 72 hours.