Starting your own travel business is a great way to break into a growing customer service niche. There are a variety of services you can offer your clients, from referring customers to travel agencies to book their reservations yourself. No matter how your company is structured, you will be able to help others get to the destinations of their dreams while making money from the comfort of home in a matter of months with this step-by-step guide.
- Become Trained. Seek out opportunities to become trained in the travel agency industry. Many colleges offer courses in person and online that are dedicated to the travel industry. These courses will introduce you to travel agency software, laws and regulations, and procedures.
- Decide How to Start Your Business. Will you begin as a referral agent, or join a host agency? Or perhaps you prefer to start your own independent travel agency from the beginning.
- Choose a Niche. Do you want to book any kind of travel, or is there a particular niche you prefer to explore?
- Make Contacts or Join a Team. If you want to be in the referral business, then you should call travel agencies to negotiate referral fees. If a host agency is more your speed, research them and apply for the one that’s right for you.
- Create a Business Plan. If you want to start an independent business, create a business plan that will keep you on track with your goals and that can be used to lure potential investors. Also, invest in a quality computer reservation system.
- Get all Licenses. Contact your local department of licensing to obtain any required licenses to operate as a travel agency.
- Obtain Membership with Travel Associations. Membership will give your business more credibility and provide an opportunity to collaborate with other travel professionals.
- Buy Error and Omissions Insurance. This will cover your business if you make a mistake and are sued.
- Promote Your Business. Create a website for your new business. Make business cards, and brochures, and post your services online.
- Get a Travel Merchant Account with eMerchant.Broker.com. Find a competent payment processor that will offer your customers a variety of ways to pay for their travels.
Starting your own travel agency can be a rewarding a profitable venture. Dedication and creativity are key ingredients to being successful in this field. Entrepreneurs can give their business a boost by providing exceptional payment processing options provided by eMerchantBroker.com. Our travel merchant account specialists will ensure that your customer’s payments are handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
Get started today!