The travel industry is experiencing a remarkable rebirth. Last year, the U.S. travel market reached $157 billion. PhoCusWright predicts that online travel service adoption will experience a 4% yearly increase for the foreseeable future. Now is the time for investors interested in the travel market to gain some serious ground in this reinvigorated market. Starting your own travel business is one way to break into this exciting customer service niche.
As a traditional travel agent, you take care of every aspect for your clients from bookings to making the itinerary. Airlines Reporting Corp., reports an 11% increase in flights booked by travel agents since 2010. Even in the internet age, many consumers still want to take advantage of the numerous contacts that travel agents have around the world, and the insider knowledge they possess. In order to become a certified travel agent, interested parties must:
- Become Trained. Many colleges offer courses dedicated to the travel industry.
- Choose a Niche. Is there a particular niche you want to exploit?
- Make Contacts or Join a Team. Research and apply to a host agency, or negotiate referral fees with various travel agencies.
- Get a Business Plan. If you want to own your own agency, make a solid business plan that will keep you on track.
- Get all Licenses. Get all required licenses to operate as a travel agency.
- Get a Travel Association Membership. This will increase the credibility of your business more credibility and provide an opportunity to collaborate with other travel professionals.
- Obtain Error and Omissions Insurance. This will cover your business if you are sued.
- Promote Your Business. Create any necessary content to promote your business like websites, business cards, and brochures.
- Get a Travel Merchant Account with eMerchant.Broker.com. Find a competent payment processor that will offer your customers multiple ways to pay for their adventures.
Starting your own travel agency will be a profitable investment for the right entrepreneur. Give your travel business a powerful boost through the exceptional payment processing options provided by eMerchantBroker.com. We guarantee that your travel merchant account will be 100% CPI compliant so that your business can accept Mastercard and Visa.