There are so many ways to help your business along. Technology, Facebook advertising, socially mediatizing yourself, and taking the time to find the best merchant account you can.
• With a Travel Agency Merchant account, it opens the doors for payments all around the globe. Twenty four hours a day people can be paying their fees while you sleep.
• You get the Virtual Terminal for your website. With this, a button is provided and payments can be expedited for you.
• A secure gateway for those payments to travel is part of the deal with your merchant account. The gateway is encrypted insuring that all payments are safe.
• With your merchant account you have fraud protection against thieves and people that want to cheat you out of money. It’s just a little extra insurance so you feel safe doing business.
• With your merchant account, you also have access to your money twenty four hours a day. This alleviates worry on your part on how to get to your income.
Things to think about
If this is a new account, you only have a few things to worry about. As a new customer to the merchant account arena, you will be deemed high risk. But don’t panic! It’s only because of the business you are in.
As a travel agency, you are known to have high volumes of chargebacks. People change their minds and ask for their money back, or they adjust their travel plans. If you can keep your chargebacks under 2% you should be just fine. The merchant account servicers get a little nervous if it goes above that percentile.
Just do a few simple things
Have rules about how to deal with your returns and adjustments. If the trip is canceled all together, have rules for those as well. Cover your business, just like the merchant account servicers do. They have rules, regulations and policies that you must abide by, so have the same set up for your business as well.
As you go into business, and sign up for your merchant account, you will have a 10-20% reserve account set up. Each day that small amount will be placed into an account while you go through your trial period.
Once the trial period is over and the three to six months is done, then you will get your money back in full. In the meantime, run your business well, and keep your nose clean. It’s the only way to make a profit anyway.
Take care of your customers
Take care of your customers and they will in turn, take care of you. Your good customer service will get around to other customers and before you know it, your business will be booming. Your website will have customers paying for their packages and you will be making the income that you dreamed about. It all just won’t happen all at once.
So good luck with your dream, and here’s hoping that you succeed admirably.