Where can I use my Bitcoins? Like many individuals who have recently stepped into the Bitcoin community, it is quite likely that you will find yourself confronted with this question. Fortunately with the advent of Bitcoin, the very first globally decentralized cryptocurrency, there have been quite a few high-ranking merchant websites that have established their own Bitcoin Merchant Account and begun to accept Bitcoins as payment for their products, services, and even simply just for donations.
Below is a list of the top 10 merchant websites (ranked by their Alexa rating) that have expanded their payment methods to include Bitcoins.
1) wordpress.com (Global Ranking 23) WordPress.com is an online service provider that provides free blog hosting services that make use of the open source WordPress software. While the basic services that the website offers are free they also provide paid upgrades for users who wish to make use of them. In late 2012 the website announced that they were accepting Bitcoins as payment for any of their services.
2) reddit.com (Global Ranking 54) Reddit, “The front page of the internet”, is a jack of all trades website that encompasses not only social networking but is also branded as an entertainment and news website as well. In mid-February 2013, Reddit announced publicly that it would accept Bitcoins as a method of purchasing Reddit gold.
3) etsy.com (Global Ranking 168) Etsy is one of the most prominent e-commerce websites that operate solely as an online entity. In late 2011 the website adopted a new policy where sellers can essentially tag their online stores “Bitcoin accepted” to show that their products may be purchased using Bitcoins.
4) archive.org (Global Ranking 193) The Internet Archive, a website founded to create a permanent digital library through its preservation of other websites, earns its place here as the highest ranking nonprofit organization to make use of Bitcoins. As of early February 2013, they have been accepting Bitcoin donations and some employees have even accepted payment in Bitcoins as well.
5) okcupid.com (Global Ranking 424) OkCupid is a free-to-use social networking and dating website that offers several ‘bonus features that can be unlocked through payment. Since April 2013 they have started to accept Bitcoins as payment for these bonus features.
6) overstock.com (Global Ranking 699) Overstock.com is an online retailer that is based in the United States. Since late December 2013, the website has made public statements relating to its decision to now accept Bitcoins as payment.
7) mega.co.nz (Global Ranking 706) MEGA is a website that proudly offers up to 50 GB of extremely secure online storage space for free. As of early February 2013, private package upgrades on the site can be purchased using Bitcoins.
8) eztv.it (Global Ranking 1001) EZTV is an online website that you can use to watch any and all of your beloved TV shows. In response to the popularity of Bitcoins the website has been openly accepting Bitcoin donations since April 2013.
9) 4chan.org (Global Ranking 1010) 4chan is a website that consists of various image-based message boards that give users the ability to freely upload and share images and post comments. In late 2012 the website began accepting Bitcoins as payment for their premium subscription packages.
10) namecheap.com (Global Ranking 1013) Namecheap is a humble website that offers services such as registration of domain names, URL forwarding, and SSL certificates. The website has established Bitcoins as a method of payment since March 2013.
With Bitcoin becoming more popular many websites have started to make use of the relatively new cryptocurrency and the benefits it holds. This list of the top 10 merchant websites is by no means a conclusive list, there are many more websites not listed here that have already taken the first step towards using Bitcoins.
For a Bitcoin Merchant Account contact us Today!