Dating Merchant Accounts get the side-eye from most merchant providers, but you don’t have to be slighted.
Despite the incredibly lucrative opportunities within the online dating industry, the increasingly negative reputation is what has led many payment service providers to run for the hills, avoiding this industry entirely.
Where does that leave our fearless online dating merchants, determined to succeed in an otherwise potentially successful venture? Unfortunately with little to no options for securing trustworthy and secure merchant account providers.
Why The Pushback?
Simply put, online dating businesses are infamous for having an excessive amount of chargebacks, an extraordinary amount of revenue and subscribers, as well as bots.
Behind the romantic websites showing couples frolicking at an exotic beach, dating sites are burdened with online fraud, complaints, horror stories about ghosting and catfishing, and even violence.
Adding to this dismal cocktail are negative customer reviews, damaging news coverage, and complaints about online dating through social media. Without question, and with good reason, acquiring banks are likely to give online dating merchants the cold shoulder.
If you are just starting out, this too can work against you. Having little to no history of processing payments will make you a less-than attractive prospect for obtaining a merchant account.
Or, say you have an existing processing history, but your statements demonstrate a history of excessively high chargeback rates and high refunds, this too will work against you.
All these previously mentioned reasons set the stage for the immense difficulties that online dating merchants will face in obtaining a merchant account.
Who Can Online Dating Merchants Turn To For Their Processing Needs?
Despite the hostile payment services environment that you may currently find yourself in, you are not without a solution.
EMB or eMerchantBroker.com is a leader in the high risk payment industry that understands the ins and outs of your online dating business.
EMB offers the following features:
- Safer credit card processing
- ACH processing
- Prevention programs for chargebacks and dispute resolution
- “Instant check” processing
- “High-volume” payment solutions
- Cash advances for merchants
- MOTO (Mail Order/Telephone Order) processing
- EMB’s own payment gateway
Starting a new business venture is never easy and EMB understands this. That is why you will be given the opportunity to apply, even if you have experienced past bankruptcies and less than optimal credit scores.
You can expect fair, transparent, and even customized pricing solutions and top-level and professional customer service.
Steps You Can Take Now To Get Approved For A Merchant Account
The following strategies can be incredibly useful to not only prevent fraud and crack down on risk, but to also get approved for a merchant account.
- Use Fraud Analytics Tools – It is essential to bar prospective customers from countries with higher rates of fraud. Analyze your stats to identify the percentage of fraud in every country. Troublesome countries should be blocked to avoid risk.
- Run Affiliate Program Audits – Conducting quarterly audits will eliminate affiliates that are fraudulent or simply “low-converting”.
- Add More Authenticating Requirements – Consider adding 3-Domain Secure Authentication in the second generation (3DS2) within your checkout page. This essentially sends an SMS to their cell phone that is currently on file with the credit card company. No passwords need to be created and websites will not “redirect”.
How To Apply For a Merchant Account With EMB
Ready to begin a long-term commitment with your merchant account provider? EMB couldn’t make the process any easier! You simply fill their online application on their website, submit any requested documentation and that’s it! Although EMB does not guarantee approval, most merchants will receive their approval between 24 to 48 hours.
EMB Is On Your Side
There is no doubt that the online dating industry is fraught with challenges and risk. You need a solid payment provider who will be your faithful ally and partner throughout your online dating business journey.