Some of the best businesses have debit and credit card processing. If you are a collection agency that has decided to expand to that kind of payment system, then you are on the right track.
Getting a collection agency merchant account adds freedom to your business and to your customers. There isn’t anyone that runs the same schedule. The mother down the street that just gave birth to twins will not have the same day as the executive next door, that works out at the club.
You need to start with your bank and see if they have any recommendations for you. They might and they might not. If so, after they have, you should go online and do a search for a collection agency merchant account. Several merchant account servicers will be in your answer line.
Go through them and find out who will work the best for your business. You want the best price per transaction without a monthly fee and if they charge you a fee, you want to know what it is for. Find out if you have a deposit fee and how much. Don’t leave any stone unturned.
Once you have chosen the merchant account servicer that you want, you need to make sure they really are in business and registered to do that kind of work. After all the research you have done, you sure don’t want to be ripped off.
• After you have started your account, make it available on a website for your customers. Thereby making it possible for anyone to pay their bill twenty-four seven.
• Collect your Virtual Terminal, or rather – button.
• It makes your payments possible online.
• It has the Gateway for your payment security. The Gateway is encrypted and will not allow anyone to disturb it while your customers are paying their bills.
• It is all tied together so your payments will make their way into your account and no one else’s.
• Your money is available to you 24 hours a day when you need it.
Your merchant account
This was a really smart move on your part. With the addition of the merchant account, you have systematically opened your store all the time. Your clients will now be able to come to your website any time of day and pay their bills.
While you sleep, your bank account is growing, and the customers are meeting their obligations. It’s a win/win situation for everyone concerned. If you have a storefront on downtown Main Street, you now have two stores. The virtual one and the one you pay the power bill for. How can you not win with both of them?
Don’t forget to finish your research and find out about the Reserve accounts and if you will need one. If you do, be certain how much, and why you are required to have one. Good luck with your new merchant account and congratulations on your wonderful decision.